21$ FIRST YEAR FLAGGERS
A flaggers job is to maintain safety for all that enter the job site, by directing traffic around the work zone. Flaggers display warning signs for all motorists entering the job site. Provide alternative routes for road users, prioritizing emergency vehicles when on a call out, set up and tear down of all TCP equipment.
- Certification trough (BCCSA) BC Construction Safety Alliance.
- A valid license is preferred but not mandatory
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Observant and focused.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Minimum start age is 16
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Able to adapt to changes.
- Hand signals & direction signs to direct traffic around a work zone.
- Appropriately posting warning and detour signs on the work site.
- Setting up barricades, delineators, cones, and arrowboards.
- Informing the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Effective communication skills with crew and co workers.
- Exceptional observation skills for hazards on site and environmental changes ex ground shifts, rock slides.
for available course dates